Thursday, July 19, 2001

Okay with this one

Smirnoff Red Vodka...

This review is about Smirnoff my favourite brand of vodka.

What is SMIRNOFF about ?

Smirnoff has about 40% alcohol. Smirnoff undergoes double distillation and produces the best quality with a unique, patented, hardwood charcoal filtration process. The hardwood charcoal, selected from choice suppliers is activated at a precise temperature for maximum filtration effectiveness. Every drop of Smirnoff slowly passes through 14 tons of this superb proprietary charcoal-patiently enhancing and refining quality. After 47 separate quality control checks, Smirnoff Vodka is ready for bottling.

(This is for your information, courtesy my research on the net) :):)

This is what goes to make the best vodka. I personally am a pure Vodka person. I have tried a few other drinks but this is the one which suits me the best.

If not SMIRNOFF ??

Smirnoff is the top of my list of Vodka brands. My next best option is Romanov but that is not as smooth as Smirnoff. If you dont have either of this brands you can also go for Danzka.. this is another amazing Vodka I have had.. it is available in the shops of Germany. You could also try Eristoff or Absolut Vodka. They do provide Smirnoff with stiff competition in terms of quality of the drink. You could also try Skye Vodka and Smirnoff Blue which is much better than red...

What I like about SMIRNOFF

The best thing I like about Smirnoff is that it goes down very well with any food and you can have it with the appetiser as well. And you can have it anywhere anyhow.

The tales you can spin with VODKA

The cocktails made with this Vodka are many and I like that as I have some options when I decide to go for a Vodka drink.

When you are just chilling out with friends you can go for BLOODY MARY, ( a cocktail made of tomato juice and Vodka with salt and lime on the side),

SCREW DRIVER, a proportion of orange juice and vodka and ice(optional)... you can make it light or strong according to your preference,

Citronella Cooler, Electric Lemonade,Warsaw cocktail..... For more information about how to make cocktails, do visit the smirnoff website...

My favorite

Vodka plus ice plus Lime Cordial... or Vodka plus Ice plus Seven up with a dash of slit green chilli and mint leaves..... hic !!!

This relieves me of the stress if I am having any .. that is.. and it is a good drink to hold and talk to your friends in parties. That way you dont have to take too many drinks at one time ( unless you opt for it) and you can languish with one without being impolite. This is because the ice takes sometime to melt and the taste differs with each sip.

I forgot to write that it digests my food quite well. Moreover your mouth does not smell after you drink vodka which is a blessing in disguise... :):). This drink can be had at any time of the day without making you feel real heavy.. but yes... dont have it in an empty stomach.. that will make you reel...

The only hitch is that the standard bottle is very expensive. It started with 360/- rupees and now suddenly the price has risen up to 600/- plus rupees due to tax and the budget planning in Bangalore. You could go for the smaller bottle but that is also quite expensive ..but I guess its worth the price.. though I am not going to spend on this very frequently :):):)... If the price is less in other parts of India and the world I must say that you all are lucky !! :):)

Some people maybe averse to drinking Vodka. This maybe because of their metabolism.. so find something which you like .. and be happy ... !!! I am happy with mine... I hate Rum and Whisky so I dont go near it.. !!! Dont despair and look down on people who love Vodka.. I say we all have our preference :):):).


Cheers.. Enjoy your drink whatever you are having... dont get addicted to it and dont drink and drive....!!! :):)


Pros : It goes down well
Cons : may not agree with everyone
Purchase Price (INR) : 600/-
Why did I buy this particular brand? : Because its my favorite drink... and this was the best I could get at that time...
When is the best time to consume this drink? : Evenings


Copyright @ 2001-2004 Pallavi

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Saad said...

Why did God make Limca? So you wouldnt have to sip smirnoff neat. I think it's the best combo. My fav: Take a tall glass, fill it ice to the top, pour 30ml smirnoff, pour lots of lime juice, fill it with limca. DONT MIX. It's lighter on the top, stronger at the bottom. Love it! :->

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger GratisGab said...

Hey Pallavi - Do you get Smirnoff Ice in Bangalore? It's my current favorite. Try it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home